Brands are getting lost in-store while online e-commerce sites are even worse for the brands. An online shopper can pull up product comparisons or go to the brand page, but when scrolling through pages of product listings and product detail pages how can the brand stand out? SYNQY technology can make your CE product stand apart from the competition.
Online Shopping Behaviors
When customers purchase online they can shop in many different ways for CE products, such as by: brand, product category, price, aesthetics, customer ratings, etc. If everything is presented in the same way, nothing stands out. Of course, there must be a consistent way to present products but perhaps a brand could have an opportunity to give their own sales pitch during any part of the purchase process. What if that pitch could be given on the product listing page or the product detail page while the customer is in the consideration phase for your product? Here is an interesting statistic: Shoppers who view videos are 174% more likely to purchase a product than viewers who did not. Where is this video usually found? Not on the product listing page, but usually below the fold on the product detail page or several clicks away on the manufacturers and independent dealer website. In addition, what if this video opened in a light window and didn’t interfere with the shopping process? SYNQY technology makes this possible!
How Can SYNQY Close the Sale?
There are many benefits to this technology:
- It can be placed anywhere during the shopping journey above the fold.
- The SYNQY opens in a lightbox and doesn’t disrupt the shopping process, it enhances it.
- Any branded content can be fed through a SYNQY—videos, animations, PDFs, customer ratings, etc.
- The content is in the voice of the manufacturer’s brand not the retailer’s voice, which adds to its authenticity.
- You can direct the customer to the shopping cart from the SYNQY.
- SYNQY’s are ideal for promotions because they can be turned on and off by a specific date.
Below are some samples of SYNQYs and placement options.
SYNQY Bridges the Gap Between the Retailer and the Manufacturer
The relationship between the retailer and the CE manufacturer is at odds for a number of reasons:
- Retailers own the customer relationships while manufacturers want to own it too.
- Retailers have access to consumer and transactional data through loyalty programs which manufacturers would love that kind of insight.
- Retailers control communication with the customer while manufactures want to gain access to these communication channels.
- Retailers are channel focused and manufacturers are product-centric.
SYNQY bridges each of these relationship conflicts:
- Opens the communication channel directly with the customer.
- Provides data specific to the product that the manufacturer craves.
- Allows the manufacturer to speak in their own voice to the customer.
- Focuses on the product, not the channel.
SYNQY is a Win Win for the Retailer and the Manufacturer
If the retailer were to implement the SYNQY technology to monetize the placement of the content then both parties win. Just like how a physical end cap must be purchased, SYNQY can be considered a digital end cap that the manufacturer purchases for the period of time on the retailer’s e-commerce site. In return the manufacturer gets to present their product in their own voice and gather valuable data to help improve their marketing strategies.
Other Relevant E-commerce Articles